Thursday 5 February 2015

Double page spread- 500 words

The movie itself
A 16 year old girl lives with her mother in a council estate. She is brought up around gangs and has been slightly influenced to steal when in need due to her being so poor. Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer and is asked to pay a great amount of money for her treatment. However, she cannot afford this and so she joins a notorious gang known for selling drugs, in her neighbourhood. Throughout a year, City (The protagonist) is told to sell drugs as well as to collect them, she messes about with her new friends and touches them e.g slapping their bums but the gang members don’t take any notice of her strange behaviour as this is considered as normal. The main gang member, Mercedes, begins to fully trust City and takes her on a big job. They get into a car and during the course of the journey City starts to touch up Mercedes. This gets her vexed and she realises who she truly is, causing her to arrange her gang to beat City up…

Opinion of the film
My opinion of the movie is that overall it was very successful. The characters had adapted to their roles very well which made everything seem real making it more interesting. The setting was appropriate as it was set in a derelict estate which suits the concept and attracted the audience because they can really relate to it and gain an insight of what reality is really like.  Also, the music it think went extremely well as it added depth to the scenes being played as well as adding tension and suspense at the end where the audience do not know what has happened to City when she gets punched. However, even though my original concept was gay drug dealers, I still think it is successful of using lesbian drug dealers instead, because it firstly adds a twist in the movie and secondly its unique as you wouldn't see a group of girls selling drugs to other people now, would you? And no one has thought of the idea as well.

Interview – City

So how did you find your first movie on set with everyone else?
Umm, well yes this is my first movie and I would say I actually really enjoyed it. It was great meeting new people and making new friends, it was an amazing experience. I loved the make-up and all the different props I was told to wear as it really helped me to get into character. It felt like I had already known everyone, that’s how close we became and most of all, the director. She is probably the best person to work with; she’s really kind and doesn’t shout out you if you get something wrong, so that was one of the best things about working on set.

How did you get the job?
Well I was told there were auditions for a movie called Problematic, I read what it is about which fascinated me a lot and so auditioned. A week later I got a phone call from the director saying I got the part which I was ecstatic about and so here I am.

Lastly, what was your favourite scene?  
Ahahaha, my favourite scene ahh I would say the part where I had to be beaten up. I don’t know why but i have always wanted to know what it would be like to get beaten up and I finally know. Well I didn’t actually get beaten up, it was a fake fight but I still loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment